----------------------ABU DHABI----------------------

Monday, November 5

Pataata! Pataata! Frittata! Frittata!



First of all, YES, I cooked breakfast...For those of you reading this entry who know me well, please applaud for me :)

and....

Second, this is a quick recipe for a busy morning, and Yes its a bit burnt and crispy because I like it like that :)

Here's what you need:

1 potato grated thin
half onion sliced thin
olive oil for frying
butter for frying
4 eggs
salt and pepper
parsley or any other fresh herb you like(optional)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tomato sliced thin

Fry onion in a splash of olive oil, when browning add potato, cook till softened and browned a bit. In a medium skillet melt butter, and transfer potato mix to this then pour in the whisked eggs, and cook like an omelet, at this point you can add the herbs if you wanted them. Cook till done. Serve with sliced tomato and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Sagari said...

frittata looks yummyyyyyyyy

Selin said...

Hi Sultana,
How are you? The foods looks very nice. Like all the time. Take care. Bye for now

Dori said...

Oh yeah, my mom calls these potato pancakes :D They look delicious!

Sketched Soul said...

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister Sultana,

Oooh.. masha'Allah! What a great cook :)

That looks soo yummy! Eggs, potato and tomatoes..you just can't go wrong with that.

I think I shall be making this soon. Jazak'Allah.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

PS: Congratulations on an amazing breakfast!

Sultana said...

sagari: Thanks alot :) Welcome to my blog.

selin: Hello selin :) I am great al hamdulilah.. VERY busy these days!Thank you for passing by with such encouraging words!

meeso: Heh heh, well whatever they are called they are filling and good to eat! Id rather call it an omelet than a frittata but oh well...Like the debate i had with a classmate about the difference between marmalade and jam...I felt so stupid after i knew! Thats another days laugh...Thanks o much for the lovley compliment:)

Farhana: Wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu :)

Al hamdulilah i learned as good as this! I didnt grow up in a household where my mother was always cooking. i had to learn for myself, and that was a shock when i got married! lol...Thanks for the sweet words and encouragment, thats what inspires me to be better. Inshallah when you do make it let me now how it came out!