----------------------ABU DHABI----------------------

Monday, November 5

Russian Cabbage with Veggies and Kidney Beans

This is Russian Style Cabbage and Veggies with Kidney Beans. We had this for dinner yesterday evening with Tuna and Corn Stuffed Jacket Potatoes. Strangley though, the site from which I was taking these recipes has now refused me entry to it, even though I gave the site credit for the dish and not myself. Im not sure why this is, so I will not be able to give you the recipe, but I can roughly tell you what is inside it and how to make it from what I remember.

you will need:

400g cabbage shredded
1 can kidney beans
3 carrots shredded
2 onions chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
2 1/2 tbs tomato paste
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
some dill and parsley for seasoning
salt and pepper

Fry the onion in olive oil, add bell pepper, fry a bit, add carrot, fry a bit, then add tomato paste, stir. Add cabbage and stir fry till softened. Add kidney beans and add herbs and salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes then serve.

2 comments:

Dori said...

Yum, cabbage...looks good :)

Sultana said...

Thanks so much meeso, you just cant go wrong with cabbage can you!