----------------------ABU DHABI----------------------

Sunday, August 19

Birthday Cake and Pistachio Ice Cream






Today was my Birthday.....Yaaaay, I'm 26 today.....Al Hamdulelah!


While my fathers busy jet setting around South East Asia, My mother and I had a Feast of chocolate....It was called Black out Cake... and now i know why! Oh my! It was Hershey's and it had ice cream layers and thick chocolate layers, it had to be kept in the freezer till ready to eat...When i got home from my chocolate bonanza i decided to celebrate with a bit more fattening sweets....Pistachio Ice Cream...This has to be my alllll time favorite Ice Cream...i like it with Fresh Sweetened Dragon Fruit..Yummy! Here are some of My gifts in pics as well. I recieved some beautiful dresses and cash from my mother and father, and some fresh and intensly sweet magnolia bath perfumes and soothing mimosa perfume oil from L'Occtiane (http://www.loccitane.com/Default.aspx?c=1&l=1&a=134&s=29) courtesy of my lovley sister :)


Here below is a recipe from Epicurious for Pistachio Ice Cream i had to share so others can taste what i have an addiction for......Please Enjoy!


This recipe originally accompanied Warm Chocolate Soufflés with Pistachio Ice Cream.


serving size
Makes about 3 1/2 cups.


ingredients


1 cup unsalted shelled pistachios

3/4 cup sugar

2 cups milk (do not use low-fat or nonfat)

1/2 teaspoon almond extract
4 large egg yolks
1 cup whipping cream

3/4 cup unsalted shelled pistachios, toasted, coarsely chopped


preparation


Finely grind 1 cup pistachios and 1/4 cup sugar in processor. Bring milk and ground pistachio mixture to boil in heavy large saucepan. Remove from heat. Mix in almond extract.
Whisk egg yolks and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in hot milk mixture. Return custard to saucepan. Cook over low heat until custard thickens and leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes (do not boil). Strain into large bowl. Chill until cold, about 2 hours.
Stir 1 cup whipping cream and chopped pistachios into custard. Process mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to container and freeze. (Ice cream can be prepared 3 days ahead.)


Bon Appétit, January 1999


Brasserie Perrier, Philadelphia PA


R.S.V.P.

No comments: