----------------------ABU DHABI----------------------

Thursday, August 30

Watermelon Agua Fresca








I found this amazing recipe on another bloggers page, and her pictures and the name of this drink is what screamed for my attention. This was before I had tasted it....The taste is nothing I have ever tasted as I used to HATE the thought of drinking watermelon jucie, but this refreshing drink, courtesy of Nabeela at Trial and Error has converted me! Im VERY much a watermelon juice drinker since TODAY.... Everyone must try this drink.
note: I used a seeded watermelon because I wouldnt even know where to even look for a seedless one in Abu Dhabi.




Some of the benefits of Watermelon Juice are:

-watermelon also contains high levels of lycopene – a powerhouse antioxidant that may help the body fight cancer and prevent disease.


-this delectable thirst-quencher may also help quench the inflammation that contributes to conditions like asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, colon cancer, and arthritis.


-Recent studies have linked lycopene to reducing the risk of prostate cancer and lowering inflammation that may cause hypertension and heart disease.


-Watermelon juice is used for urinary difficulties, edema and to clear summer heat.


-Watermelon seeds and the fruit itself are a classic remedy for gout








Enjoy!


3 comments:

Nabeela said...

That's such a nice red color Sultana!

Anonymous said...

This looks so yummy! I hope to try it soon!

Sultana said...

nabeela thanks so much!

chasing children and recipes you MUST try this, it is VERY refreshing to say the least! Its well worth the time spent.

Thanks for both of your comments!